Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'll be less idiot tomorrow

Today's topic will be my own ignorance of the internet's endless possibilities. As I'm not what one would call a geek, there are plenty of things I just can't imagine myself able to do online.

First of all, I have never been able to download music from the internet myself. Sure I did get some music illegally when it wasn't very common and nobody really cared about it as much as we do today. But I have to admit that I was in no way involved in the whole technical process that lead to downloading since I never really took interest in technology and I'm not what people would call an early-adopter. The truth is that I simply called one of my friend, who is a computer expert, and asked him to install the downloading software on my computer.

But today, especially for you readers, I will try to tell you a little more about the technical aspects of illegal downloading. The first thing you have to do is to download a specific software such as emule. Then you have to connect it to a peer-to-peer network, this is a tricky part because the network you choose can have an important impact on your downloading speed. The more people share files on a network, the faster you will be able to download on your own computer.

Of course, I must warn you that downloading this way is illegal, even though sometimes it's the only way to get files you can't find on legal platforms.

Another thing I'm incapable of doing is creating a whole new website (except from this blog, of course). To tell you how to do it, click here.

Ok, that will be all for today folks ! I hope you'll wake up smarter tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Great blog! Though, it's funny, you are talking a lot about security on your blog, especially in your latest post about the ten rules, and here, you are explaining how to do something illegal. Don't you think this is a bit paradoxical? Well, in a way, you are cautious, because you don't really express yourself about it. But yet, giving advices about illegal downloading, really? It's not like you... ;)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete