Thursday, October 22, 2009

e-book ? no way !


As you probably already noticed, even though I like new technologies, I don't enjoy every single new gadget the internet offers. For instance, I'm not crazy about the e-book. The book is probably one of the only object that has been around for centuries. It survived the radio, it survived the TV, and it will most certainly survive the internet.

Some things in this world have to stay physical, everyting cannot be entirely virtual. That's why the e-book, which by the way seems like a pretty interesting invention, won't replace actual books. E-books will maybe be useful to read all-time classics, but I really don't think they will ever replace new books that people can carry everywhere without worrying about the batteries...

For all this, I really don't think that I'll be buying an e-book anytime soon. But if I had to, I would probably buy an iPhone with an e-book application instead of buying an actual e-book, because today is all about cross-media !

No comments:

Post a Comment